T411A Introduction to Expository Teaching and Preaching, Part 1
This course is intended to provide students with an introduction to biblical preaching. In the progression of the next two semesters, they will discover the basic core competencies needed to prepare and deliver a Christ-centered sermon. This will be a fully interactive & practical course.
It is expected after completing this course the student will accomplish the following outcomes:
- Develop a basic definition and understanding of the importance of expository preaching.
- Identify the basic core competencies for preaching
- Evaluate their progress in mastering the basic competencies of preaching
- Present an outline for a sermon in class.
Under the leadership of Michael Herbert
B.A. Accounting, Texas A&M University; M.Div., Bethel Seminary of the East; Doctor of Education studies, Grand Canyon University. English Congregation Pastor, Chinese Evangel Mission Church of Queens. Vice President of the Trustee Board of Flushing Christian School in Queens. Dean of New York School of the Bible.
Main Campus Schedule
- Fall I - Tuesdays, 6:00 pm - Michael Herbert