411B Introduction to Expository Teaching & Preaching; Part 2
This course is intended to provide students with an introduction to biblical preaching. At the end of this second class, they will complete the basic core competencies needed to prepare and deliver a simple Christ-centered sermon. This will be a fully interactive & practical course.
It is expected after completing this course the student will accomplish the following outcomes:
- Develop a basic definition and understanding of the importance of expository preaching.
- Identify the basic core competencies for preaching
- Evaluate their progress in mastering the basic competencies of preaching
- Present a full sermon in class.
NOTE: Students who complete 411A, 411B, 412A, and 412B will be eligible to earn the Expository Teaching and Preaching Diploma. See the Expository Teaching and Preaching Diploma in the Certificates and Diplomas section of the NYSB catalog for details.
Under the leadership of Pastor Michael Herbert
B.A. Accounting, Texas A&M University; M.Div., Bethel Seminary of the East; Doctor of Education studies, Grand Canyon University. English Congregation Pastor, Chinese Evangel Mission Church of Queens. Vice President of the Trustee Board of Flushing Christian School in Queens. Dean of New York School of the Bible.
Required for the Expository and Teaching Diploma.
Main Campus Schedule
- Fall II - Tuesdays, 6:00 pm - Michael Herbert