Fall II Textbook List
MONDAYS - 6 - 7:25 PM
101B - How to Study the Bible II with Robert Casteline
- Living by the Book, Hendricks & Hendricks; Moody, 0-8024-0823-5
305 - Sharing Your Faith/Using Your Gifts with Douglas Knowles
- What You Do Best in the Body of Christ (Grand Rapids: Zondervan Publishing, 1995) Bugbee, Bruce.
135K - Jeremiah, Part 2 & Lamentations with John M. Kraus
- ESV Bible and the Jeremiah commentary in the NIV Life Application Commentary series is recommend
111B - Old Testament Hebrew Basics II with Claude Hurt
- Biblical Hebrew: An Introductory Grammar by Page H. Kelly and Timothy G. Crawford (2nd Edition)
331G - Healthy Leadership with Nehru Grant
121B - Old Testament Survey: History with John M. Kraus
- Talk through the Bible, Bruce Wilkinson
210 - God and the Bible with Nelson Thermitus
- The God of the Bible and Other Gods: Is the Christian God Unique among World Religions? Grand Rapids, MI: Kregel Publications, 1998. Robert P. Lightner
250 - Angels and the End of the Age with Douglas Knowles
- The Holy Bible and Basic Theology: A Popular Systematic Guide to Understanding Biblical Truth (Chicago: Moody Publishers, 1999) Ryrie, Charles C.
- Grudem, Wayne. Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1994).
- Grenz, Stanley J. The Millennial Maze (Downers Grove: InterVarsity Press, 1992).
- Pate, C. Marvin. Four Views on the Book of Revelation (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1998).
190G - 2 Peter and Jude: Contending for the One True Faith with Nehru Grant
- The Message of 2 Peter & Jude by Dick Lucas and Christopher Green
116B - New Testament Greek Basics II with Roberto Munoz
- A Concise Greek-English Dictionary of the New Testament (UBS) and The Greek NT Interlinear with Strong Numbers.
- UBS Greek/English dictionary
411B - Introduction to Expository Teaching & Preaching; Part 2 with Michael Herbert
422B - Effective Teaching Changes Lives with Mike Velardo
- Teaching To Change Lives by Howard Hendricks (Multnomah Press and Walk Through the Bible)
- Seven Laws of Teaching by John Milton Gregory (Baker Book House) (Suggested addition to your library. This book was first published in 1884!)
489B - Pastoral Care for Marriages and Families with Douglas Knowles
- The Holy Bible
- Counsel for Couples (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2019), Holmes, Jonathan D.
Recommended Texts for Further Study:
- Clinton, T., & Trent, J. Marriage and Family Counseling (Grand Rapids: Baker Books, 2009)
- Piper, John. This Momentary Marriage (Wheaton, IL: Crossway Books, 2009)
376B - Mighty Women of Valor with Nancy Gavilanes
- Abounding Faith: 30 Bible Heroes Who Will Inspire You to Believe God for the Impossible!, 2016, Gavilanes, Nancy.
- Holy Bible, preferably the New International Version (NIV) or King James Version (KJV)
410A - Leading a Multi-Ethnic Ministry with Binu Thomas
- Holy Bible
- Multiethnic Conversations: An Eight Week Journey Toward Unity in Your Church (Indianapolis, IN. Wesleyan Publishing House. 2016) DeYmaz, Mark and Okuwobi, Oneya
413D - Advanced Expository Teaching & Preaching; the Psalms with Stephen Na
- Be Worshipful (Psalms 1-89): Glorifying God for Who He Is (The BE Series Commentary) by Warren Wiersby
- Be Exultant (Psalms 90-150): Praising God for His Mighty Works (The BE Series Commentary) by Warren Wiersbe
- Biblical Preaching by Hadden Robinson
343C - Mobilizing the Next Generation for Today and Tomorrow with Tanya Velardo