Administration & Faculty
Anthony Hewitt - Dean, New York School of the Bible
Dean Anthony Hewitt grew up in the inner city of Baltimore. In 1972, Anthony suffered a gunshot wound to the back which paralyzed him from his waist and below. As a teen, Anthony accepted the Lord Jesus as his Savior. Later he attended the University of Maryland at College Park (majored in Agronomy), but then transferred to Washington Bible College in preparation for going to the foreign mission field as an agricultural missionary. While attending Bible College, the Lord burdened his heart for the Muslim and Indian populations. After graduation, Anthony joined International Missions (now Christar) to serve the Muslim and Hindu peoples of Suriname, South America. While there he assisted with planting a church, creating the curriculum for the Maranatha Bible Institute, teaching at the Bible Institute, discipling young people, and singing as part of “Eternity,” one of the national groups in Suriname.
Since returning to the States, Anthony’s career has been managing healthcare auditors, teaching healthcare office staff, physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and residents on compliant multi-specialty medical record documentation. Anthony has a Master’s degree in Health Services Management and Policy from The New School and is medical record certified as a CPC and CPEDC. Ministry involvement includes the following: foreign and stateside mission trips, teaching Bible studies, teaching at the NYSB, food pantry and homeless outreach, preaching/ministering at the Bowery Mission, NYC Rescue Mission, City Relief. Serving on the board of Fellowship of the Cross/One Million Praying not-for-profit organization, and serving on the Board of Elders at Calvary Baptist Church.
Robert Casteline - Pastor
B.F.A. Theater, Hofstra University; M.Div., Denver Seminary. Associate Pastor, Central Baptist Church, Manhattan.
- 101A How to Study the Bible I
- 101B How to Study the Bible II
- 102 Advanced Bible Study Methods
- 302 What Should the Church Look Like
Joe Cina - Dr.
Dr. Joe Cina holds a Master of Arts in Christian Ministry from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. He also has a Bachelor of Science, Master of Science and Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering/Electrophysics. He is the Life Groups and Alpha Course Coordinator at First Baptist Church of Flushing.
B.A., State University of New York at New Paltz; M.A., New York University. Christian author of five books and a speaker. Contributing writer for Our Daily Bread’s VOICES Collection. Studied at the New York School of the Bible. Attends Times Square Church.
Connect with Nancy on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and at www.AboundingFaith.com.
- 376A Abounding Faith: Choosing Faith Over Fear
- 376B Mighty Women of Valor
- 376C Feisty Faith: Trusting God Day by Day
- 376D Beloved, Blessed and Beautiful
Nehru Grant - Pastor
B.S. Organizational Management/Church Development, Nyack College. M.Div., Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary. NYSB Alumnus. Senior Pastor, Living Hope Christian Church, Queens.
- 105A Bible Study Tools I
- 105B Bible Study Tools II
- 166A Matthew 1-13
- 166B Matthew 14-26
- 168A Luke 1-12
- 168B Luke 13-24
- 220 Humanity and Sin
- 230 Christ and Salvation
Michael Herbert - Pastor
B.A. Accounting, Texas A&M University; M.Div., Bethel Seminary of the East; Doctor of Education studies, Grand Canyon University. English Congregation Pastor, Chinese Evangel Mission Church of Queens. Vice President of the Trustee Board of Flushing Christian School in Queens. Dean of New York School of the Bible.
- 411A Introduction to Expository Preaching, Part 1
- 411B An Introduction to Expository Preaching, Part 2
Claude Hurt, Jr.
Bachelor of Architecture, Kent State University; Master of Arts in Hebraic and Judaic Studies, New York University; graduate studies, Columbia University. Course studies, NYSB. Architect, Claude Hurt, Jr., Architect, P.C., New York State.
- 111A Old Testament Hebrew Basics I
- 111B Old Testament Hebrew Basics II
- 111C Old Testament Hebrew Basics III
- 111D Old Testament Hebrew Basics IV
Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Lehman College - CUNY; Master of Divinity, Alliance Theological Seminary. New York School of the Bible Alumnus. Certified Public Accountant.
- 111A Old Testament Hebrew at Fishkill
- 111B Old Testament Hebrew at Fishkill
- 111C Old Testament Hebrew at Fishkill
- 111D Old Testament Hebrew at Fishkill
Douglas Knowles - Dr.
B.S. Psychology, SUNY College at Oneonta; M.S. Clinical Social Work, Hunter College School of Social Work; M.Div., Bethel Seminary; D.Min. Global Church Leadership, Alliance Theology Seminary. Lead Pastor, Second Evangelical Free Church, Brooklyn.
- 201 Basic Christianity
- 240 The Holy Spirit and the Church
- 250 Angels and the End of the Age
- 300 Ministry of the Local Church
- 305 Sharing Your Faith/Using Your Gifts
- 310 Biblical Mandate for Evangelism
- 489A Introduction to Pastoral Care
- 489B Pastoral Care for Marriages and Families
- 489C Pastoral Care for Loss and Grief
- 489D Pastoral Care for Trauma, Crisis, and Emotional Problems
John M. Kraus - Pastor
B.R.E. Pastoral Studies, Baptist Bible College; M.S. Mathematics Education, Secondary Level, Marywood College; M.Div., Th.M., Westminster Theological Seminary. Chaplain, Compassus Hospice, Paramus, New Jersey. Pastor, Liberty Corner Bible Church, Liberty Corner, NJ.
- 121A Old Testament Survey: Law
- 121B Old Testament Survey: History
- 121C Old Testament Survey: Poetry
- 121D Old Testament Survey: Prophecy
- 132D 1 Chronicles 10-29
- 132E 2 Chronicles 1-20
- 132F 2 Chronicles 21-36
- 134A Ezra & Nehemiah
Roberto Munoz - Rev.
Rev. Roberto Munoz has a Masters of Divinity from Concordia Seminary, Fort Wayne, Indiana, and has served 40 plus years in church ministry. He taught remedial Greek at Concordia Seminary, St. Catharines, Canada, and is now working on recording an audio version of the Greek New Testament. In the 2000s, he taught Film and Theatre at NYSB.
- 116A New Testament Greek Basics I
- 116B New Testament Greek Basics II
- 116C New Testament Greek Basics III
- 116D New Testament Greek Basics IV
Stephen Na - Pastor
B.S. Applied Biology, Georgia Institute of Technology; M.Div., Reformed Theological Seminary. Religious Advisor and Chaplain, Amherst College, MA. National and Eastern District National Church Multiplication Team of the Evangelical Free Church of America. Senior Pastor, Edge City Church, Mineola.
- 165A New Testament Survey: Gospels and Acts
- 165B New Testament Survey: Romans and Revelation
- 413C Expository Teaching and Preaching the Book of Romans
- 413D Expository Teaching and Preaching the Book of Psalms
- 413E Expository Teaching and Preaching the Book of Genesis
- 413F Expository Teaching and Preaching the Book of Ephesians
B.B.A. Public Administration, Baruch College; M.S. Banking, Mercy College. Continuing education in Biblical counseling and apologetics. NYSB alumnus. Has served as elder and deacon, as an instructor under Prison Fellowship at Rikers Island, and held corporate positions in financial services and marketing.
- 412A Intermediate Expository Teaching and Preaching; Part I
- 412B Intermediate Expository Teaching and Preaching; Part II
Nelson Thermitus - Dean
B.Arch., New Jersey Institute of Technology; M.A. Christian Education, Dallas Theological Seminary; DEdMin, Dallas Theological Seminary; ESL Certification, Kean University. Associate Pastor, New Jerusalem Baptist Church, Irvington NJ; Dean, Evangelical Bible Institute, Irvington NJ.
Binu Thomas - Dr.
B.A. Anthropology, SUNY Stony Brook; M.A. Theology, Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary; Graduate Certificate, Fuller Theological Seminary; D.Min., Palmer Theological Seminary. Executive Pastor, Edge City Church, Mineola.
B.A. Bible with a Missions emphasis, Lancaster Bible College; Graduate of Children’s Ministry Institute, Child Evangelism Fellowship International Headquarters. Children’s Ministry Director, Renaissance Church, Harlem.
- 343A Gospel-Formed Identity: Developing a Faith That Will
- 345 Gospel-Centered Message: Bible Lesson Presentation
- 343B Integrating a Family Ministry Strategy into the Local Church
- 422D The Power of Small Groups
- 347A The Power of Small Groups for Kids and Students
Michael D. Velardo - Pastor
B.A. Social Sciences, Nyack Missionary College; M.A. Biblical Studies, Denver Seminary. Child Evangelism Fellowship (1978-2008). Dean, New York School of the Bible/Dir. of Children’s Ministries, Calvary Baptist Church (NYC) (2008-2018). NYSB faculty member (2002-2018, 2020 -2021). Retired.
- 422A Effective Teaching: Understanding Basic Principles
- 422B Effective Teaching Changes Lives
- 422C Effective Teaching is More Than Lesson Content
- 347C Discipline In The Classroom-Making Disciples or Just Avoiding Disaster
- 422E Training Teachers-Who, Me?