Calvary is pleased to offer the fellowship a wide variety of short-term missions experiences. Each of these experiences, both national and international, will give you the opportunity to use your God-given physical skills and spiritual gifts to benefit others. As we plan these experiences we ask you to pray with us.
|Korçë, Albania||INFO||May 30-June 7, 2018||April 29, 2018||$1,300||closed|
|Metro NYC||INFO||June 30 - July 6, 2018||June 10, 2018||$200||open|
|Bucharest, Romania||INFO||August 10-20, 2018||June 10, 2018||$1,300||open|
|Lahore, Pakistan||INFO||November 2018||September 9, 2018||$1,300||open|
Want to participate in a Short Term Mission Trip? Applying is easy. Please use the following steps:
1. Contact one of the following:
- a. Your immediate Pastor at CBC (the individual you are being discipled by).
- b. Your small group leader.
- c. Dr. Alfonse Javed, firstname.lastname@example.org, 212-975-0170 ext. 109).
- d. The CBC office (in person or via 212-975-0170 ext. 110).
- e. Send us an email via our website: http://www.cbcnyc.org/contact. In the subject line please write “Interested in STM” and the mission trip that interests you.
- 2. Give us your contact info: name, email, phone number
- 3. Tell us in which ministry of the church you are currently involved.
- 4. Tell us how you heard about the STM trip and why you want to go.
- 5. Once steps 2-4 have been completed and we have received your inquiry, we will set up a formal interview with the Pastor in charge of STM (Dr. Alfonse Javed).
- 6. Fill out an application.
- 7. Once the application is reviewed, you will be given the approval to raise funds. It may take up to two weeks to receive the final approval decision. Receiving approval to raise funds is important because CBC needs to ensure that those participating in its trips are in full agreement with the values and objectives of the trip.
Participants are required to raise 100% of their short-term mission trip financial support. But, remember that the ultimate objective is not just to raise money, but to cultivate relationships. As you work to build your support team, you will find that there are three types of supporters:
- 1. Prayer Warriors: People who commit to pray for you daily and will follow through.
- 2. Goers: People who have gone on missions trips in the past, but their schedules do not allow them to go this time. They can help you prepare for your trip, serve at events, collect donations, etc. Their connections and input can put you on the fast track to reach your goal.
- 3. Senders: People who love having the opportunity to send others through investing financially. Most financial contributors feel most comfortable investing in somebody they know personally.
While on mission, you are going to be the hands and feet of the people sending you. This is why both the approval process and the process of raising funds (and spending funds) are monitored so closely.
Please direct any questions about participating in a trip and/or fundraising to Dr. Alfonse Javed, Director of Outreach, at AJaved@cbcnyc.org.
Mission trip participants are asked to complete this evaluation form that the Calvary ministry team can use as they prepare for future mission trips.