On July 20, New York City entered Phase 4 of its reopening. Phase III-Part 2 of the Church reentry plan is different from the phases used by government entities - details below:
Calvary Baptist Church Phase III, part 2: Protocols for Outdoor Events & MOPS
An “Event Box” is required to be checked out and returned to church office for any Calvary outdoor event. The Event Box contains a thermometer, extra masks, hand sanitizer, and a basic First Aid Kit.
On Monday, June 8, New York City entered Phase I of its reopening plan. Religious gatherings are still limited to no more than 10 people. The Calvary Baptist Church reentry advisory council explored what the Church can do under the limited city and state guidelines and what safety precautions must be in place. Phase III of the Church reentry plan is different from the phases used by government entities. In Phase III of its reentry plan, the Church will expand upon its Phase II plan by adding more small-group outreach opportunities.
What the Church Can Do?
The Church can continue Phase II activities. The advisory council conceived of the following examples of additional possible outreach opportunities:
- Prayer walking around church neighborhood.
- Creating and delivering gift bags to First Responders.
- Tell neighborhood businesses that the Church is praying for them by mailing greeting cards. Examples of neighborhood businesses would include: Wayfarer restaurant, Angelo’s, any restaurant and business near the church. Also, the MOMA, Carnegie Hall, the shoe store next door, etc.
- Digital group member care - Organize and facilitate care for online group members. (In most cases, this does not need to be in person.)
- Digital group support - Provide training, support, and troubleshooting for the online meeting platform the church uses. (Some people may need in-person, hands-on assistance, but physical distancing should be maintained.)
- Porch drop-off coordinators - Print, organize, and facilitate the delivery of Bible study materials to group participants.
- Porch drop-off volunteers - Assist with assembly and delivery of Bible study materials to group participants.
- Livestream follow-up volunteers - Follow up with participant information submitted during the live stream of the service, including first-time participants, prayer requests, and faith decisions made during the live stream.
- Livestream support - Provide training, support, and troubleshooting for the live stream service the church uses. (In most cases, this should not be in person. In a few cases; in-person, hands-on assistance may be necessary, but physical distancing should be maintained.)
Persons who are sick or who have elevated risks from COVID-19 should not attend any in-person activity. With the possible exception of on-camera moments, masks should be worn, and social distancing should be maintained. Handshakes and other contact between persons are not allowed. All participants (including employees) in these small church activities should participate only on a voluntary basis.
The Church has purchased eight infrared, no-touch thermometers. Whenever two or more people are in the same location, they should have their temperatures checked. In addition to displaying temperature, these thermometers illuminate green if body temperature is normal. They illuminate red if fever is present.
No more than three people are allowed to ride in an elevator at the same time. Nobody should speak while inside an elevator.
Church Function Attendee Requirements:
Attendees will be required to do all the following every day they come to participate in an in-person church gathering. Before departing for a gathering, attendees will write the office manager an email stating the following information to be kept on Church record. Attendees do not need a response to the email in order to attend.
Attendees must email email@example.com with the following:
That they feel no unusual symptoms - in other words, feel healthy.
Have not been in the proximity of anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 or anyone exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 (to the best of their knowledge) in the past two weeks/14 days, or tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days; or been told by their medical provider or the NYC Test & Trace team to remain home due to COVID-19;
- If you are interested in joining a volunteer outreach team, please contact the church office at (212) 975-0170 or email April at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attendees will need to :