Finance Department Job Opportunity
Background: Calvary Baptist Church (CBC) is a 172-year-old Evangelical Church located at 123 West 57th Street in New York City, with over 600 members. The mission of Calvary Baptist Church is to engage the city and impact the world with the message of Jesus Christ. CBC has a $4 million annual budget, supported by the contributions of its members and the earnings from its investment portfolio. CBC annually supports 66 missionaries and 5 Short-term missions’ trips. CBC is audited annually by an independent CPA firm and is accredited by the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA).
Finance Department: Reporting to the Executive Director and the Board of Deacons, the Finance Department is supervised by the Finance and Operations Manager. We currently have an opportunity for an accountant with most or all of the following experience:
- General Ledger Postings and Maintenance-current G/L system is Shelby. Complete understanding of debits/credits, assets, liabilities, funds etc
- Accounts Payable/ Accrued Expenses/Prepaid Accounts/Amortizations/Check cutting
- Corporate Credit Cards-expense report coding/posting to G/L
- Contributions and Database Maintenance-current church database is TouchPoint
- Payroll-Processing, Administration, General Ledger Recording/Accruals-current payroll system is ADP.
- Bank Account Reconciliations
- Investment Accounting
- Budgeting-forecasting and administration
- Fixed Assets-recording, depreciation, inventory management
- Understanding of GAAP, FAS Standards for Non-profits, FLSA
- Competence in Excel and Word and PowerPoint
- Project Management
General: We are looking for a believer in Jesus Christ who has a servant’s heart and a genuine desire to support the ministries of Calvary Baptist Church. It is important that this person be accountable and self-motivated displaying a critical eye, initiative and drive to serve with excellence. The compensation package offered for this fulltime position will include salary, benefits (including health insurance 99% paid by the church), retirement contributions, paid holidays, vacation and sick days. The salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applicants can email their resume to Bruce Simpson, Finance & Operations Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org