We are so happy you have chosen New York School of the Bible to start or continue your Bible education. The first place you’ll need to start is with earning your Core certificate.
Core Certificate Program
NYSB’s 3-year Core Certificate program is a foundational curriculum of 24 courses that provides a systematic and progressive plan of study. New students are encouraged to register for the Preliminary Certificate courses.
This 3-year certificate curriculum provides courses in Bible study methods, Bible survey, theological basics, and Christian living that will form a firm foundation for further studies at NYSB.
Below are the 8 classes offered each year. Next to the class name is the Term the class is offered. By taking 2 classes each term you will have earned a certificate and will be a third through the Core program (Completed in Year 3).
Preliminary Certificate (1st Year)
- 101A How to Study the Bible I - Fall 1
- 101B How to Study the Bible II - Fall 2
- 121A Old Testament Survey: Law - Fall 1
- 121B Old Testament Survey: History - Fall 2
- 121C Old Testament Survey: Poetry - Spring 1
- 121D Old Testament Survey: Prophecy - Spring 2
- 165A New Testament Survey: Gospels and Acts - Spring 1
- 165B New Testament Survey: Romans - Revelation - Spring 2
Intermediate Certificate (2nd Year)
- 102 Advanced Bible Study Methods - Spring 1
- 200 Introduction to Theology -Fall 1
- 201 Basic Christianity - Fall 1
- 210 God and the Bible - Fall 2
- 220 Humanity and Sin - Spring 1
- 230 Christ and Salvation - Spring 2
- 305 Sharing Your Faith/Using Your Gifts - Fall 2
- Evangelism elective
Advanced Certificate (3rd Year)
- Bible elective
- 240 The Holy Spirit and the Church - Fall 1
- 250 Angels and the End of the Age - Fall 2
- 260A Worldview Apologetics: Defending the Faith - Fall 1
- 300 Ministry of the Local Church - Spring 1
- 302 What Should the Church Look Like? - Spring 2
- Ministry elective
- Elective (from Bible, Theology, or Ministry)