What are our objectives? Prayerfully, the outreach will expose each of us to cross cultures, different religions, and different ethnic groups; and provide an opportunity to minister, speak with, and pray for Muslims. All participants will have a special handouts printed in English, Urdu, Arabic, and Bengali to share with the people they encounter.
What are our goals? Prayerfully, each of us will gain a clear understanding of local missions, adopt an outward focus of missions, and cultivate a deep desire to continue to reach out to different ethnic groups in NYC. We hope to gain clarity and recognize the tremendous opportunities Calvary has in NYC to reach Muslims and many other ethnic groups.
What will the day look like?
- 11:30 a.m. - Meet in the lobby of Hotel Salisbury
- 1 p.m. - join the group at the intersection of Coney Island Ave. and Forster Ave., by the gas station. (take the Q or B train going towards Coney Island and get off at the Newkirk Ave station)
- 1:15 p.m. - group meeting & instructional session
- 1:25 p.m. - dine at Pakistani Restaurant
- 2:15 - 4:15 p.m. - team division/ disperse and prayer walk/ evangelism
- 4:30 - 5:15 p.m. - visit the local mosque and synagogue
- 5:30-6 p.m. - debrief session/light dinner at Jewish restaurant
*Above agenda is subject to change.
Other instructions and recommendations:
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Wear modest attire and don’t forget a coat
- Bring cash ($10-$15) for a meal at a local ethnic restaurant
- Please download the outreach flyer here to invite others.
- Each participant will be provided with an evaluation form to provide feedback for next year's outreach.
- All the participants will be provided with follow-up cards to fill out if you encounter anyone interested in knowing more about Christ.