Christian Education Certificates
The Christian Education Certificate programs are designed to prepare workers and leaders in Christian Education in the local church. This program has two tracks: the Children’s Ministry and Youth Ministry tracks. Both tracks will equip and encourage anyone currently serving in these ministries as well as prepare those workers who are new to children and/or youth ministries. Also, both tracks provide an overview of CE in the local church. These programs will train those who desire to be part of the disciple-making process.
Children's Ministry Certificate
- 340 Christian Education: Bible-based Equipping Ministry
- 350 Biblical Foundations for Children's Ministry
- 351 Developing an Effective Local Church Children's Ministry
- 352A It's Just a Phase--Leveraging Time Frames in the Life of a Child
- 353 Evangelizing and Discipling Children
- 354T Training Teachers--Who Me?
- 355 Teaching Children--A Privilege and a Responsibility
- 355A How to Teach a Bible Lesson to Children
- 356D Discipline or Disaster?
- Plus an education elective
Courses 356D, 355A, 351, 340, and 354T will be taught in 2017-18.
The following courses taught in 2017-18 will qualify as an education elective:
- 355B How to Use Your Children's Ministry Resource Bible
- 307A Not Normal: 7 Quirks of Incredible Volunteers
Youth Ministry Certificate
- 360A Foundations for Growing a Healthy Youth Ministry
- 360B Strategies for Growing a Healthy Youth Ministry
- 360C Ministry in Culture and Context
- 362 Understanding Today's Youth Culture
- 363 Theology 101 for Youth Ministry
- 363A Spiritual Formation in Youth Ministry
- 365 Teaching Youth in the Church
- 368 A Key to Youth Discipleship: Getting the Family Involved
- Plus two Youth Ministry elective courses
Courses 360A, 360B, 362, and 363 will be taught in 2017-18.
The following courses taught in 2017-18 will qualify as an Youth Ministry elective: