There are multiple stages in the pastoral search process, each being covered in prayer. The process is overseen by the Search Committee composed of representatives from the Elders, the Deacons, and our congregation at large. We are working with Vanderbloemen Executive Search to find our next Senior Pastor.
Finance Department Senior Accountant
Reporting to the Executive Pastor and the Board of Deacons, the Finance Department is supervised by the Finance and Operations Manager. We currently have an opportunity for an accountant with most or all of the following experience:
- General Ledger Postings and Maintenance-current G/L system is Shelby. Complete understanding of debits/credits, assets, liabilities, funds, etc.
- Accounts Payable/ Accrued Expenses/Prepaid Accounts/Amortizations/Check and ACH processing
- Corporate Credit Cards-expense report coding/posting to G/L
- Contributions and Database Maintenance-current church database is TouchPoint
- Payroll-Processing, Administration, General Ledger Recording/Accruals-current payroll system is ADP.
- Bank Account Reconciliations
- Investment Accounting
- Budgeting-forecasting and administration
- Fixed Assets-recording, depreciation, inventory management
- Understanding of GAAP, FAS Standards for Non-profits, FLSA
- Competence in Excel and Word and PowerPoint
- Project Management and experience with system/software conversions
We are looking for a believer in Jesus Christ who has a servant’s heart and a genuine desire to support the ministries of Calvary Baptist Church. It is important that this person be accountable and self-motivated displaying a critical eye, initiative, and drive to serve with excellence. The compensation package offered will include salary, benefits (including health insurance 99% paid by the church), retirement contributions, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days. There is a balanced work schedule of two days a week in the office and two days working remotely. The salary will be commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and resume to Bruce Simpson, Finance and Operations Manager; firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a believer in Jesus Christ who has a servant’s heart and a genuine desire to support the ministries of Calvary Baptist Church. It is important that this person be accountable and self-motivated displaying a critical eye, initiative, and drive to serve with excellence.
Email cover letter and resume to Alana Gajadhar, Office Manager; email@example.com
Calvary Baptist Church is a 174-year-old unaffiliated Baptist Church located at 123 West 57th Street in New York City. The mission of Calvary Baptist Church is to engage the city and impact the world with the message of Jesus Christ. Calvary Baptist Church has 660 members and an average weekly attendance of 400 at the (live and virtual) Sunday worship services. Calvary Baptist Church has a $3 million annual operating budget which is supported by the contributions of its members and the earnings from its investment portfolio. The budget includes $1.8 Million in operating expenses, $600k in in-house ministries expenses, $400k in Missions, and $200K in Outreach expenses. CBC annually supports 66 missionaries and 5 Short-term missions trips. CBC has also entered into a very exciting period of ministry as we begin the redevelopment of our property and construction of a brand new church building which will serve CBC and the city for generations to come. CBC is audited annually by an independent CPA firm and is also accredited by the Evangelical Council For Financial Accountability (ECFA).